While our luxury North American-manufactured Saatva Adjustable Base has a very low incident rate, most situations can be resolved using the following troubleshooting steps below.
Complete steps 1-4 and continue below to see other potential concerns.
Note: The features and color of your remote may differ slightly from what is pictured below.
1. Ensure functioning batteries are in the remote control. If the buttons on the remote control are not illuminating properly when pushed, it is likely that the batteries need to be replaced. If the buttons on the remote illuminate properly, continue to the next step.
2. Be sure to confirm that the base is connected to power.
We recommend checking the connection to the power brick (the power box on the floor) and ensuring that the surge protector/outlet successfully powers another device. You can test the outlet by plugging in another working device. Also, unplug and plug the base back in from the outlet/surge protector.
This is an image of what you'll look for with the power brick.
3. Unlock the remote
If the remote control is illuminating but the base doesn't respond to the remote, it is likely that the remote has become inadvertently locked.
This is what the lock button looks like:
Please try holding down the lock button at the top right corner of the remote for 5-7 seconds, until the lights on the remote flash, and then release it. Once you release it, the lights on the remote will flash. After that, the base should respond to the remote.
4. Reprogram the remote control
Reprogramming the remote control to the base is recommended for any adjustable base issue. The instructions can be seen in this image and the short video below.
Other potential concerns:
The head or foot section will elevate, but will not return to a horizontal (flat) position.
The base mechanism may be obstructed. Elevate the base and check for any obstruction. Remove the obstruction.
- The head section may be too close to the wall.
- Headboard may be too close to the edge of the mattress. Verify a 1.5" to 2" distance between the headboard brackets and mattress. Adjust if required.
- Elevate the head or foot section a short distance with the remote control. This may realign the lift/lower mechanisms with the base support platform and resume proper operation.
- Verify that the base is not positioned against a wall, nightstand, or another object that may cause vibration or noise.
- If the base is located on hard surface flooring, place carpet pieces or rubber caster cups under each leg or caster of the base.
- If the adjustable base is installed over a bed frame, verify massage motors are not causing the bed frame (or bed frame components) to vibrate.
- Verify leg extensions are tightened firmly (if used).
- Verify there is nothing under the base that could cause noise during adjustable base operation.
- If an air mattress is being used, check to see if the pump is the source of the noise.
The following image is a general troubleshooting guideline
Additionally, the adjustable base is equipped with any emergency power-down operation to lower the base to a flat position in the event of a power outage. The instructions can be seen in the image below.
If any issues continue to persist, please give us a call at 877-672-2882 and we can begin the process of sending a technician to your home to troubleshoot further. Please have your serial number handy when calling. The serial number should start with a '0612P' or '0901P' and can be located on a sticker on the back of the remote control. It can also be found on the power supply box that sits on the floor and plugs into the wall.
Note: In the event that you need a replacement remote control for the Saatva Adjustable Base, give us a call and we'll be happy to assist.