You can use your existing box spring or foundation if:
• You purchased your box spring or foundation within the last 7 years.
• Your existing box spring or foundation is in good condition and provides sturdy center support.
• You don't mind not having a matching foundation.
NOTE: Saatva HD requires pairing with the HD Foundation for adequate support.
Saatva mattresses also work with platform beds, without the need for a foundation.
Please make sure your existing platform bed has:
• A solid, durable surface. If your platform has a slatted support system, make sure the slats are spaced less than 4" apart. If they're not, you can add a 1/2" thick piece of plywood to place on top. This extra layer of support is needed because Saatva mattresses are heavier due to their premium quality materials.
• A proper center support. Proper center support means you must have a center leg in the middle of your platform bed frame.
If you have any questions, you can reach one of our sleep guides 24/7 at 877-672-2882.